Saturday, May 19, 2007

Arriving in Malawi


Muli Bwanji?

This is the first thing you say to anyone in Malawi. It translates to “how are you”, and is the standard greeting. The past few days in Malawi have been amazing. I am definitely in the honey moon stage of travel; the period of time where everything is new and exciting.

It was a very long trip here, flying over 3 continents, an ocean, and a sea. I left Toronto Sunday night and arrived in Malawi on Tuesday morning. I was excited to collect my baggage get to the hostel. My bag, however, decided stay a little longer in South Africa. This was something no one seemed too surprised about. It really wasn’t a big deal; the worst of it was wearing the same clothes for almost five days.


No comments:

Team Malawi 2007

Team Malawi 2007
The Malawi team meets for the first time in Calgary during the EWB National Conference